Here are some reasons why:
Damp proofing is necessary for homes that are susceptible to dampness. Moisture can cause foundation damage at an alarming rate. Your family’s health can be affected by excessive moisture in the home. It is best to damp proof your home, to ensure it is dry.
Damp-Proofing your Home has Many Benefits
- It will keep your home in top condition both inside and outside.
- Your family will be happier. (Mildew, bacteria, and other respiratory diseases can lead to bronchitis or asthma.
- Removing any remaining moisture from the soil is possible.
- Your plaster and paint will last longer.
Related reading: Cost of damp proofing
How to protect your home from water damage
- The plaster on the affected wall will be removed during this process
- At the base of each level of your home, holes are drilled
- The holes are injected with a chemical and then allowed to absorb the chemical for a time.
- Plaster is used to fill the holes with chemicals.
- After drying, the walls are replastered.
What is the difference between Damp proofing and Waterproofing?
Waterproofing prevents liquid and vapour from entering, while dampproofing retains soil moisture.
Hydrostop is located in Pretoria. They offer waterproofing and dampproofing services. Hydrostop has been waterproofing Pretoria for many years. We are committed to customer satisfaction and offer the most cost-effective damp-proofing solutions available in Pretoria.